Kala Jamun Recipe (Desi Sweet). Here we have well written about how to make Gulab Jamun.
- Whole milk 1 liter
- Vinegar ¼ cup
- Plain yogurt 3 tbs
- Milk powder ½ cup
- Sugar 2 tbs
- Butter 2 tbs, melted
- Flour ¼ cup
- Baking powder ¼ tsp
- Red food color ½ tsp
- Oil for frying
- Water 4.5 cups
- Sugar 3 cups for making sugar syrup
- First, make sugar syrup by boiling 3 cups of sugar and 4.5 cups of water together
- Now, Boil 1 liter of whole milk in a deep pot. Turn off the oven when milk starts to boil
- Now add 1/4 cup vinegar with same amount of water into the milk
- Add plain yogurt to the milk and stir slowly
- Now strain the milk on a damp cloth to make cheese/ chana.
- Now get rid of water from the cheese by squeezing the cloth. It should not contain any water.
- It will make 1cup of chana /cheese.
- In a bowl add this chana / cheese.
- Now add milk powder, flour, baking powder, melted butter, sugar, food color with the chana/cheese. Mix everything very well by hand.
- Now make small oval shapes of kala jamun by hand from the mixture.
- Deep fry the kala jamuns until those become dark maroon in color.
- Take all the kalojam pieces out and put on paper towels.
- Put the kalo jamuns in sugar syrup and boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and soak the kala jamuns in sugar syrup for at least 2- hours.
- Garnish the sweets with mawa and serve in normal temperature.
Tips: Fry both sides of each kala jamun at low temperature. Do not make hurry while frying otherwise the sweets might not soaked in sugar syrup properly.